BearvillePlace
Hey hey hey!

Welcome to the Bearville Place!
Why not log in? Or you could register, if you haven't joined yet! :-]
What you waiting for? Oh yeah! You are reading this! Well..
...Come into the Bearville Place!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BearvillePlace
Hey hey hey!

Welcome to the Bearville Place!
Why not log in? Or you could register, if you haven't joined yet! :-]
What you waiting for? Oh yeah! You are reading this! Well..
...Come into the Bearville Place!
BearvillePlace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Puppy Convincing?

+5
RachelGoesRAWRツ
peach rays bri
Leila
AjIsfoxface:O
ForeverRain
9 posters

Go down

Puppy Convincing?  Empty Puppy Convincing?

Post by ForeverRain Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:19 pm

Hey everybody! (:
I made a thread like this on another forum; so, as some (not many) may know, the dog I had while visiting family over the summer died a few weeks ago. She got some bacteria in her *not sure from what* and it killed her. My heart broke in two and I cried at night for like 4 days in a row.
I realized how much I adore dogs and want one I can keep forever. So I've been working really hard to convince my parents to let me adopt/buy one. I wanna buy one from a shelter, where the homeless dogs are kept. So yeaah.. The only prob is convincing my parents, and I figured a few of you might have been through this before.
I've done a few things already: I've typed up a bunch of stuff, stating the 3 best breeds that I found suitable for our family. I typed up one with reasons, and another one, sort of like a contract thing. I was extra responsible; I helped around the house, did some dishes, cleaned my room and my sisters and I did there rooms.
Anyways, it still hasn't worked. My parents are worried about somethings: walking the dog, like during the rain and snow. I told them I'd do it, but I guess they're kind of worried I won't keep my promise. I think my mom's pretty into it though. Not sure about Dad. I would really LOVE having a dog (please don't say "your parents said no, so stop trying." I'm not ready to give up yet)
and I've even been hoping to get it for my birthday, which is in a few months. I've found 1 or 2 dogs who might be good for our family.
So if any of you have some ideas, other than doing chores (don't worry about grades, I've been trying hard and I am on All A's right now on progress report) and typing up stuff.
Thanks so much (in advance) [:
ForeverRain
ForeverRain
Bearilliant Bear

My BearBucks : 7028

Back to top Go down

Puppy Convincing?  Empty Re: Puppy Convincing?

Post by AjIsfoxface:O Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:38 pm

my sister baby sits alot but i'm not really into baby sitting so just an idea for you that's how my sister got a lot of money so yeah i hope you get a new dog i feel bad for your other dog that died sad i think you deserve a new dog :)
Furtastic Bear

My BearBucks : 49

Back to top Go down

Post by Leila Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:12 pm

Awwww that's so sad :'[ i'm sorry about that :[
Hmmm... well I really don't know what you could do anymore to convince them
But you could try to say to them
"If I refuse to walk him, I'll give him back to the shelter"
Well idk if that's a good example, but something like that? Good luck! :)
Leila
Newsteam

My BearBucks : 1402

Back to top Go down

Post by peach rays bri Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:34 pm

Awwh, I know how u feel, but you'll eventually get over it, like I did 2 years ago when my dog died):
I know your sad now but hes in a better place ^-^
peach rays bri
peach rays bri
Administrator / Owner
Administrator / Owner

My BearBucks : 4568

Back to top Go down

Post by RachelGoesRAWRツ Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:02 am

Just say, "It'll be all my responsibility. I'll feed it, give it water, and care for it without any complaints. He'll be all on my schedule. I'll walk him daily. I'll do anything to get a new dog" Idk if that would work..but you can always try right? (:
RachelGoesRAWRツ
RachelGoesRAWRツ
Bearilliant Bear

My BearBucks : 1615

Back to top Go down

Post by TinyJessie=] Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:12 pm

I can understand why your parents are worried because a lot of the time the parents end up doing all the walking and stuff like that, and vet bills can be expensive etc. But i think if you really really want this, and you keep showing you are responsible, then eventually they will let you get one :) perhaps if one of your friends, neighbours or relatives have a dog you could offer to walk it and care for it? that way your parents would see that you genuinely will take full responsibility for the dog
TinyJessie=]
TinyJessie=]
Furbulous Bear

My BearBucks : 2861

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverRain Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:51 pm

TinyJessie=] wrote:I can understand why your parents are worried because a lot of the time the parents end up doing all the walking and stuff like that, and vet bills can be expensive etc. But i think if you really really want this, and you keep showing you are responsible, then eventually they will let you get one :) perhaps if one of your friends, neighbours or relatives have a dog you could offer to walk it and care for it? that way your parents would see that you genuinely will take full responsibility for the dog

Yeah, I understand the first bit, but as in actually getting the dog (some purebreeds of the breed I want are really expensive) it's not a problem; I've found some prices that are less than 100 and so of it so yeah. They said money isn't a issue, and I have my own money so I offered to pay for food and toys. I have friends with dogs but I highly doubt they'll let me borrow it since we're not THAT close.
ForeverRain
ForeverRain
Bearilliant Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by EmilyThaMaster:O Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Maybe you should offer to pay for some of the items? Such as buy it toys and that kind of stuff? :3 I know how you felt. I actually convinced my parents somehow by making them a deal- If made varsity soccer then I could get a puppy and I made varsity [: Maybe you could make some kind of deal with them about that?
EmilyThaMaster:O
EmilyThaMaster:O
BP Moderator
BP Moderator

My BearBucks : 1517

Back to top Go down

Post by Betty♥1D Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:33 am

Well,maybe offer to pay for half the amount.
Also promise to clean up all the messes?
Betty♥1D
Betty♥1D
Bearilliant Bear

My BearBucks : 818

Back to top Go down

Post by Rihannon Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm

1.Proove to you're parents that you are are responsible by looking after someone elses dog
2.Make sure you keeps you're grades high
3.Do chores around the house
4.Earn money or if you have some already say to you're parents that you will buy the products for the dog
5.Give them time to think about it
6.Ask you're parents why you can't get a dog and when they tell you the reasons,try and fix the reasons for e.g,if they say you don't do chores then start doing them

Good luck
I hope you get a dog
Rihannon
Rihannon
Newbie Bear

My BearBucks : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by ForeverRain Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:33 pm

Emily: I suggested if I got all A's on my progress report, but I don't know if he bought it. I always get A's on them, so I guess he's used to it.. xD
Betty: I don't have that much money, so I can pay for toys, and maybe food, but I don't think I can do the vet bills because they cost more than 100 dollars. xD
Anna: I tried everything but the first one, and I doubt I can do that but thanks :D

Thanks guys![:
ForeverRain
ForeverRain
Bearilliant Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum